What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. The term ‘cookies’ can be used inter-changeably with other terms such as pixels, snippets which are all used to track individuals on our website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly essential cookies. These are cookies that are absolutely necessary for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensure basic functionalities and security features and do not store any personal information. The lawful basis for the use of these essential cookies is recorded as legitimate interests.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works; ensuring that users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our advertising and marketing campaigns more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit aboutcookies.org.
You will have the option to individually manage your cookie settings across the Analytics, Functional and Advertising categories. You will have the opportunity to revisit your preferences at any time and amend your consent, through the use of our cookie settings tool. Note: when using an incognito or private browsing session, your cookie preferences are unlikely to be remembered and you will likely be asked to provide your consent on your next visit to our website.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our Website.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our Website according to your particulars.
- Upon receiving your consent, we will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our Website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the Website.
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our Website.
- Track how long you have been visiting the Website.
- Track how you came to access the Website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer.
This website uses the following cookies:
Managing cookies within your internet browser:
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- In the browser, choose Firefox (or ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window) and select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Check the box labelled ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
- Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select ‘Always’, or click to select ‘Never’ to disable cookies.
- Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
- Click the ‘wrench’ icon
- Click Options
- Select the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
- Under ‘Cookie Settings’ select ‘Allow all cookies’ from the drop-down to enable cookies, or ‘Block all cookies’ to disable cookies.
- Click ‘Close’