1. Who we are and what these terms contain
The British Business Bank plc (“British Business Bank” or “we” or “us”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 08616013). The British Business Bank is made up of different legal entities including British Patient Capital Limited (“BPC”), a company registered in England and Wales (company number 11271076). A complete legal structure chart for British Business Bank plc and its subsidiaries (including BPC) can be found at www.british-business-bank.co.uk.
These terms and conditions are issued on behalf of the British Business Bank Group so when we mention “British Business Bank”, “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to the relevant company in the British Business Bank Group.
The British Business Bank is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government which is not authorised or regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) or the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”). British Business Bank plc and its subsidiary entities are not banking institutions and do not operate as such.
/ (the “Website”) is wholly owned & operated by the British Business Bank. The Website is managed by the employees, and from time to time agents and contractors of, the British Business Bank.
If you would like to contact us at any time in regard to these terms, please email
2. By using our Website you accept our terms
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our users’ needs, our events and the network’s priorities, or as required as a result of changes in applicable laws or regulations. These changes may be made without notice to you.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
By using the Website you agree to any changes to these terms and conditions once updated.
3. Other terms that may apply to you
4. We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
5. Using the Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. For further information, please refer to section 14 (Intellectual Property) below.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this Website by anyone else.
6. Linking to the Website
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- charge your website’s users to click on a link to any page on the Website; or
- say your website is associated with or endorsed by the Website (please see below for more information pertaining to the use of the British Business Bank or the British Patient Capital trade mark).
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact
The Website and the content provided therein is exclusively for informative purposes. Nothing on the Website or in its contents is intended to provide advice of any kind on which you should rely (including legal, financial, tax or other professional advice). You should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of the content contained in the Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
8. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials available on the Website.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes. We will not be responsible to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity (whether direct or indirect in nature).
- If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be responsible for damage which you could have avoided by following our advice or having in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
9. Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from the Website. We will only do this in certain cases, e.g. if it breaches copyright or trade mark laws, contains sensitive personal data, or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory.
Contact us by emailing [email protected] to ask for content to be removed. You will need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed.
10. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We are not responsible for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the British Business Bank or BPC of any of the products, services or opinions of the company, association, organisation or individual. Neither the British Business Bank nor BPC bear any responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
11. Virus protection
We take regular measures to check and test the Website for viruses. We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You must make sure that the way you use the Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should ensure that you use appropriate virus protection software.
We are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use the Website.
When using the Website, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
12. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of the Website (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of London, England.
There may be legal notices elsewhere on the Website that relate to how you use the Website.
We are not liable if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We might decide not to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions. We can always decide to exercise or enforce that right at a later date. Doing this once will not mean we automatically waive this right in future instances.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
13. Intellectual Property
BPC and third parties who have granted us permission to reproduce their material on this website, own all trade marks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the content on the Website.
- You are not permitted to use the British Business Bank or BPC logos without our approval.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or actions, unauthorised use by third parties of the British Business Bank or BPC logos is prohibited.
- For enquiries relating to the use of the British Business Bank or BPC logo, please contact us at [email protected].
- With the exception of copyright owned by third parties or unless otherwise stated, copyright in the Website and all other material made available through it belongs to BPC.
- Content provided on the Website can be used by you for your own personal use.
- If you would like to use content that is subject to copyright and which is provided on the Website for commercial purposes or otherwise, please email us at [email protected]