What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
From any point after you have entered our Website we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our Website.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our Website according to your particulars.
We will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our Website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the Website.
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our Website.
- Track how you have been visiting the Website.
- Track how you came to access the Website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer.
Cookies: _ga, _gat, _gid, _gcl_au
These cookies are used to track how users interact with the website. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve the website. The data collected by these cookies is anonymous and reports to us on which pages a user has visited, your location and how long you have interacted with our website. Click here for more information on these cookies.
Amazon Load Balancer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Load Balancer is employed to ensure customers have a smooth experience when browsing british-business-bank.co.uk. This cookie is necessary in order to view the website.
Lifespan: 10 days
Managing cookies in Microsoft IE 6, IE 7 and IE 8:
- In the browser, choose Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Adjust the ‘Settings’ slider to ‘Medium’ or below to enable cookies, or adjust towards the top to disable all cookies.
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- In the browser, choose Firefox (or ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window) and select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Check the box labelled ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
- Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select ‘Always’, or click to select ‘Never’ to disable cookies.
- Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
- Click the ‘wrench’ icon
- Click Options
- Select the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
- Under ‘Cookie Settings’ select ‘Allow all cookies’ from the drop-down to enable cookies, or ‘Block all cookies’ to disable cookies.
- Click ‘Close’